A few years ago, while living in Bali recuperating from the ol' Dengue/Typhoid fevers combo and rebuilding some surf strength, I attended a weekend surf training camp facilitated by Matty Scorringe, head coach of The Art of Surfing.
I'd first met Matty back in New Zealand years earlier while working at Billabong HQ (NZ). Matty was a sponsored, competitive surfer who was always friendly, up for a chat and a very inspiring young man. As I watched his career develop into launching & developing his own high performance surf coaching business, I was frothing to attend one of his Bali camps and invest in improving my own personal surf style. Put simply, this guy knows his shit and has the talent & experience to back it up.
The video analysis & constructive critique offered by Matt and his team were invaluable for me and is why I am super stoked to share with you the first ever Women's Surf & Fitness Camp Byron Bay hosted by The Art Of Surfing x Elise Carver, coming in hot this March 2018.
This is a once in a lifetime experience that offers female surfers the unique opportunity to perfect their surfing under the guidance of Matt while working on your body to create the best version of you with Elise. I personally vouch for and highly recommend these guys for any female surfer wanting to improve their surf style.
Elise Carver is the owner and sole surf style trainer for Little Bantam Health and Fitness.
Through a holistic approach to training and physical education she inspires, encourages and guides those with the drive to improve their health by developing a self sustainable future.
Using a wide range of training & recovery techniques Elise’s Surf Style program is ideal for improving Core Strength, Flexibility, Agility, Balance & Endurance.
The focus of this camp is to surf fun waves in the sun, create a body for lifelong surfing, eat yummy nutritious food and enjoy the sights Byron Bay has to offer, all while perfecting your surfing technique and progressing your surfing to the next level.
Come and be a part of The Art Of Surfing’s Womens Surf Camp – Byron Bay, this is an opportunity you can’t miss!
All recreational female surfers who are looking to improve their surfing in a fun environment with like minded women
THE WOMENS SURF & FITNESS CAMP BYRON BAY INCLUDES
• 6 days coaching from the 7th – 12th March with The Art Of Surfing & Elise Carver
• 5 nights accommodation in a Byron Bungalow Villa from the 7th – 12th March
• Transport throughout the camp to surfing spots and day tripping around Byron
• 5 days breakfast – 4 days lunch – 2 nights dinner
• Filmed surfing sessions
• Video analysis each day
• Identification and discussion of problem areas
• Instructions and training methods to correct surfing technique
• Equipment evaluation and advice
• A copy of all your footage from the camp
• Each participant will receive a video report with individual instructions and goals to work on after the camp
• A 1:1 consultation with each member (goal setting, surf fitness assessment, injury discussion and a little personalised health planning)
• Surf Style Training sessions
• Active Stretch sessions
• Assessment of movement (reported) with Surfing Coach
• Take home training program & health plan
Matt Scorringe – Surf Coach
Elise Carver – Surf Trainer
$1950 NZD (inc. GST) Per Person for shared accommodation
~$1800 AUD (inc. GST) Per Person for shared accomodation *Australian guests - please note this ~$1800 AUD is an approximation only as $1950 NZD will be charged in NZD if completing payment online via TAOS website. Alternatively, please request digital invoice: email@example.com