To be eligible for a return, the garment/s must be in unmarked, original condition. Please take care to remove all makeup, sunscreen and sweat prior to trying on garments at home.
Salt Gypsy accepts returns for:
- 110% Store Credit
We understand how tricky it can be to purchase swim & surfwear online and want to make sure you love your new purchase! We have tried to be accurate with our descriptions and measurements so please read through these carefully on each product page and feel free to chat with us or contact via email with any questions prior to completing your purchase.
Please note: as part of the slow fashion movement, we produce domestically in Australia in small batches. Often our top selling sizes and styles sell out and we are unable to offer immediate size exchanges.
If we are sold out in your preferred size, we recommend returning your piece/s for store credit and joining the waitlist for your preferred size and style. As soon as the item comes back into stock, you will receive immediate notification and can then use your store credit to complete the exchange.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund or exchange.
To complete your return:
- Use our Returns Portal here
- Item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it with hygiene sticker still applied. It must also be in the original packaging.
- We only accept returns that have been processed through our returns system.
- If selected, the store credit issued will be of the original order value, excluding shipping costs. We will email you a code once we have received and inspected your return.
- If selected, a refund will be issued, minus the shipping costs, once the product has been returned and inspected in new/re-sellable condition.
- Return shipping cost is covered by the Customer.
- Online credit notes are valid for 1 year.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted:
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund has processed completely.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items and items purchased using a Promotional Discount cannot be refunded.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of the original shipping charge will be deducted from your refund.
We will process your refund within 7 business days of the return arriving to our warehouse, followed by a confirmation email.
We recommend using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Salt Gypsy reserves the right to deny a refund of the returned merchandise if it does not meet the requirements of our Returns Policy.